Net Lease’s Sale-leaseback and Built-to-Suit Strategy
The growing business who owns real estate can raise an inexpensive working capital and/or debt reduction with Net Lease’s Sale-leaseback and Built-to-Suit Strategy.
Sale-leaseback strategy is a form of financing in which a company sells its real estate for cash and simultaneously signs a long-term lease with the buyer. Sale-leaseback transactions provide the lessee company with a source of capital that is an alternative to other financing sources such as corporate borrowing, mortgaging real property or selling shares of common stock.
A Seller/Tenant is able to convert the value of real estate assets into working capital it can use to:
- Pay-down debt
- Fund acquisitions
- Reinvest in the core competencies of its business
Through build-to-suit strategy, Investor/Lender (“Investor”) provides a growing company with the funding for the expansion of an existing facility or the construction of a new facility in a different location. Investor can source, facilitate, arrange, structure and close the build-to-suit transaction.
The build-to-suit provides innovative financing for:
- Expanding existing facilities/constructing new facilities
- Debt reductions
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Leveraged/management buyouts
- Corporate restructuring/exit financing
- Acquiring addition facilities, technology, and equipment to grow business
- Transition out of a synthetic lease, mortgage or other binding debt instruments
- Matching long-term assets with long-term liabilities
Case Study: WPC’s Key Facts of Net Lease’s Sale-leaseback and Built-to-Suit Strategy
- Well-established, industry-leading tenant: The MAN Group is one of Europe’s leading producers of commercial vehicles, engines and mechanical engineering equipment. It is a publicly traded company with a market capitalization of approximately $15 billion and is 75% owned by German automotive group Volkswagen AG.
- Critical, well-located facilities: The three facilities, originally built to tenant specifications, are among the largest service stations operated by the MAN Group and serve as an important sales driver for its 24/7 fleet repair and maintenance servicing operations. Located on arterial routes, the facilities benefit from the high commercial traffic flow that connects several major German and Austrian cities and links Europe’s eastern and western markets.
- Long-term net leases with built-in rent growth: All three facilities are net leased, with a remaining term of approximately 15 years and CPI-based rent escalations.
Reference: NEW YORK, Sept. 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — (NYSE: WPC), a real estate investment trust specializing in corporate sale-leaseback and build-to-suit financing, and the acquisition of single-tenant net lease properties, announced today that it has acquired a portfolio of three modern truck and bus servicing facilities for approximately $42.9 million (€38.9 million). The facilities — two in Germany and one in Austria — were purchased from the developer, Wohnungsunternehmen Semmelhaack, and are net leased to wholly-owned subsidiaries of MAN SE (The MAN Group).
For further discussion, please sign-up for our free 30-min confidential consultation
Growing, Evolving and Pushing Forward!
- Big Buyer of Net Lease Report – March 2015
- Top 6 Terms You Should Know Before Investing in net lease commercial real estate
- First Key selection of net lease Commercial Real Estate investment…?
- Net Leased Commercial Real Estate (NNN CRE): Step #2
- Should you invest in Net leased commercial Property? Or Multifamily or Self-Storage?
- How much McDonald invests in net lease commercial real estate?
- TOP Net Lease CRE Investment Books – April Selection! **Additional 10% discount!
- Case Study: Sale-Leaseback Technique of Wendy’s and McDonald
- What is an alternative investment real estate versus vacation home…?
- In Hong Kong, the “Mosquito Apartments” sells for $US 2,872 per square foot
- Net lease or Triple-net Lease is an Alternative Solution for Removing 12 Headaches in Real Estate Rental
- Net Lease Case Study: Family Dollar
If you would like to inquire about our Concierge Services, please sign-in our free consultation
Shop Amazon Corner – Get the New Kindle Fire HDX Tablet
*** TAKE ADDITIONAL 10% OFF for ALL FIRST TIME PURCHASER
DAJK GROUP is the place where investors, business owners, and entrepreneurs can research and find useful information, insight, resources, advice, guidance and inspiration for acquiring funds for their project, acquisition for their net lease commercial real estate, increasing their assets and running their profitable business.
Our group of expert Oil Trader, Commercial Real Estate Specialist, Asset Management, and Business & Financial Analyst, can help to answer all your questions and to provide you with investment alternative and options catered to your investment strategy. Sign-up for a free 30-minute consultation with us now!